Saturday, April 23, 2016

Donald Trump is Right About North Carolina Bathroom Law

AP has already looked at some of the ins and outs of Trump’s comments on North Carolina’s
bathroom law, but the fact is Donald Trump is right. This doesn’t mean I plan on replacing my #NeverTrump magnet with a “Make America Great Again” one or start delighting in the idea of a Trump presidency. But I’m okay with agreeing with him on this even if it may be a case of Trump the blind squirrel finding the nut.

The thing which does bother me is why is this even an issue? I know North Carolina passed the bill in response to Charlotte’s bathroom ordinance, but it seems like an odd hill for the GOP to die on. Ted Cruz, Curt Schilling, and a host of other conservative commentators are making this about creepy men sharing bathrooms with 12-year-old girls. I can see their reasoning, and completely understand their concern, but here’s the thing…I’m not sure the few criminals that are out there really care about what laws they break. If they really want something, they’re gonna try to get it however they want. Yes, there are stories about guys hiding cameras in women’s bathrooms (including the 2013 one of a dude in California disguised as a woman) but these seem to be outliers.

Read more:
Donald Trump is right about North Carolina bathroom law « Hot Air

No comments: