Monday, September 15, 2014

My View of the World: Our Nation is Led By Fools

English: A burn bag, and security classificati...
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
My mother raised me to call no man a fool, and my father raised me to call it like I see it. I’m sorry Mama, but today I’m calling it like I see it. Our nation is being led by complete and utter fools. They aren’t ignorant of the facts, they aren’t misguided, and they aren’t simply mistaken. These people have the best educations money can buy, they have access to all of the intelligence available to anyone, and they have the ability to call on anyone in the world for advice when they need it, and yet they seem to have no clue and no place to put one if you gave it to them. Anyone who read my column from yesterday knows I didn’t expect much when the President misspoke to the nation, but he exceeded my lowest expectations by leaps and bounds.

It was bad enough when the President actually said, with a straight face, “As Commander-in-Chief, my highest priority is the security of the American people”. Let’s face it, his highest priority is golf, and following at a close second is his desire to “fundamentally transform America”. His concern for the American people is demonstrated by his actions rather than his words, and by his actions we can easily see that he has no concern for the American people. I wasn’t even surprised when he took the opportunity to remind us that he killed Osama Bin Laden.  What really made it bad however was when he said “ISIL is not "Islamic."”, and that the Islamic State was “not a state”.

I can understand having differences in opinions about how to address this problem from a military standpoint, but beginning your address to the American people by denying the nature of the threat does not inspire a lot of confidence.  Yes, I understand he was trying to make the point that radical Islam is not representative of most people who follow Islam, but by focusing on that fact he clearly shows that his primary concern is the political aspects of the situation and not the national security concerns. His subsequent persistence in making the case that ISIS is a terrorist organization rather than a state seems to be designed to minimize the extent of the problem, and to give him legal cover for not taking the case to Congress for his actions. Everything he does is a political calculation rather than an expression of his concern for the country.


Read more:
My View of the World: Our Nation is Led By Fools

1 comment:

Hamp Yonce said...

I think they are really crooks, posing as idiots, while using politics as a game to hide their crookedness. Our country would be in better hands if 15 year olds ran it.